REALTORS®: INDIANA HOUSING MARKETS CONTINUE TO GROW IN 2013 Statewide, February’s market activity and home prices better than last year
(INDIANAPOLIS, IN) – The
Indiana Real Estate Markets Report today released by the state’s REALTORS® shows that statewide, when comparing February 2013 to February 2012, the following occurred:
• The number of closed home sales increased 18.4 percent to 4,577,
• The median sale price of those homes increased 4.5 percent to $105,000,
• The average sale price increased 5.6 percent to $130,749,
• The percent or original list price received increased 0.9 percent to 89.6 percent.
• The number of pending home sales increased 11.8 percent to 5,523, and
• The number of new listings decreased 2.5 percent to 8,743.
The good news made last month is part of a larger trend; February 2013 marked the following consecutive year-over-year gains in home prices and market activity:
• The number of closed home sales has increased year-over-year for 20 consecutive months,
• The median sale price of homes has increased for 15 consecutive months,
• The average sale price has increased for 14 consecutive months,
• Sellers received a greater share of their original list price for the 12th consecutive month
• The number of pending home sales has increased for 17 consecutive month
By Linda Wilcox, talktotucker.com/linda.wilcox