Can you believe it? 2018 is almost here and that means it is time to discuss the new home design trends for the upcoming year. Here are just a few of our favorite design trends for 2018.
- Much like fashion, home décor goes in and out of style. In 2016, BRASS made a come back as metal accessories became popular once again for the home. In 2018 this trend is expected to continue.
- Many spaces are now utilizing MIXED MATERIALS. For example, marbles can be combined with metals to create a chic and dynamic look. Kitchen islands are even following this trend by featuring multiple materials like wood and marble.
- Over the past several years, home décor has attempted to forgo the mass-manufactured looks of the past and embrace INDIVIDUALISTIC PIECES. This could include anything from woven wall-hangings to hand-blocked prints.
- One trend that has yet to stop by 2018 is VINTAGE LIGHTING. These features can become a focal point in a living room or kitchen. Simple browse your local vintage store or home design store to pick up one of these coveted lighting accessories.
- The results are finally in and Sherwin-Williams’ 2018 color of the year is Oceanside SW 6496. This DEEP TEAL BLUE is the perfect color to bring the outdoors in and instill a sense of wanderlust in a home. This color can be utilized in a simple accent piece or as a whole wall in a home. If you are looking to make a bold statement this is the color for you!
- As consumers look to buy more experiences as opposed to things, one design trend expected to continue growing is SIMPLIFICATION AND PRACTICALITY. In other words, buyers may choose to purchase classic practical pieces over the sophisticated, stiff, over the top pieces of yester-year.
- This year, PLANTS are emerging as the best way to make your home trendy, colorful, and fun. From entire walls made of plants to planters situated around the room, there is always a way to bring the outdoors in.
- Along with plants, FLORALS are also making a comeback. Choose some oversized blooms and position them against high-contrast colors such as black or white to complete a visually stunning moment in your home.
- Speaking of black and white, one trend that simply never goes out of style is BLACK AND WHITE. By utilizing these two colors, homes automatically take on a vintage feel.
What 2018 design trend was your favorite? Do you plan on incorporating any of these trends into your own home? Let us know by sharing this article on Facebook or Twitter!