Homes continued to sell quickly and for increased prices as the September residential real estate market continues its strong runINDIANAPOLIS – With inventory continuing to decline in most of central Indiana, the residential real estate market was fast moving during September 2021. Monthly real estate statistics from F.C. Tucker Company revealed that September’s pended home sales decreased slightly, down 6.9 percent compared to September 2020. Year-to-date home sale prices increased 12.5 percent, and available housing inventory decreased 18.6 percent compared to this time last year.
- The average September 2021 home sale price for the 16-county central Indiana region was $288,780, an increase of 9.7 percent.
- Pended home sales decreased, down 6.9 percent compared to this time last year.
- Available housing inventory decreased 18.6 percent compared to September 2020.
- Brown County showed the greatest increase in pended home sales with 33.3 percent growth compared to September 2020.
- Jackson County pended sales had the greatest decrease with 36.9 percent fewer homes sold in September 2021 compared to this time last year.
- Madison County recorded the highest average year-to-date home sale price increase at 22.3 percent.
- Boone County had the highest average home sale price in the region at $420,171.
- Homes sold in 19 days on average, 45.7 percent faster than in 2020. Putnam County homes left the market 34 days faster than in September 2020 – the greatest decrease of the 16-county central Indiana area.
- Decatur County had the largest inventory increase – up 42.1 percent compared to September 2020.
- Hamilton County inventory continued to experience the greatest decrease in central Indiana – down 50.8 percent – compared to this time last year.
Pended Single-Family and Condominium Sales
Active Listings – Inventory
Average Sales Price
# # #Founded in 1918, F.C. Tucker Company is Indiana’s largest independently owned comprehensive real estate firm with more than $5 billion in annual sales, more than 40 offices, and more than 1,500 sales associates throughout Indiana and select markets in Kentucky. F.C. Tucker’s family of businesses includes a full range of real estate services—mortgages, title insurance, relocation services, a full line of insurance products, auctioning and homeowner warranty products. We have earned a reputation for our exceptional service, experienced sales associates and “Golden Rule” commitment to clients and employees. In 2021, F.C. Tucker formed a partnership with Pittsburgh-based Howard Hanna Real Estate Services, the nation’s largest independently owned real estate brokerage firm, furthering each company’s ability to provide best-in-class service and enhance the real estate experience for clients by providing best-in-class agents, products and services. For more information, visit talktotucker.com.