With summer on the horizon, it is time to take a serious look at the food festivals coming to Indy and the surrounding area this summer. From barbecue to tacos, there is sure to be something for everyone. We have created an Indianapolis food festival guide below so you can get your foodie fix.
First Friday Food Truck Festival – This food festival is hopping on the food truck craze by creating an event all about food trucks. That is right, there are dozens of food trucks at each “First Friday” just itching to give you a taste of their delicious fare. In their September event, First Friday Food Truck had over 30 trucks.
- WHEN: the first Friday of each month (June-October)
- WHERE: Old National Centre Parking lot
- COST: $5 entry fee + cost of chosen food
- MORE INFORMATION: https://www.facebook.com/FirstFridayFoodTruckFestival/
Taste of Broad Ripple – Taking up multiple streets of Broad Ripple, this bumping local foodie event is sure to attract many. Festival goers can purchase general tickets for $7 or opt to go the VIP route for $50. The VIP ticket gives foodies and their taste buds exclusive access to the Chef’s Night Off cook-off.
- WHEN: June 16
- WHERE: Broad Ripple Village
- COST: $7 entry fee + cost of chosen food
- MORE INFORMATION: http://tasteofbroadripple.com/
Taste of Indy – If you love large events, this food fest is for you. Taste of Indy is in its 7th year and is the largest food festival event in Indianapolis. The event features numerous different types of food from local vendors and showcases live musicians throughout the day.
- WHEN: June 30
- WHERE: Monument Circle
- COST: $8 entry fee + cost of chosen food
- MORE INFORMATION: http://tasteofindy.org/
Hendricks County Rib-Fest – Rib-Fest, a Hendricks County staple, has been serving up delicious ribs since 2005. The center of Rib-Fest is the rib competition featuring local restaurants vying for the “best ribs” and “best sauce” awards. This fest is so crazy about ribs, they even have a Rib-run, a 5k through Hendricks County.
- WHEN: June 30
- WHERE: Kingsway Christian Church
- COST: $5 parking fee + cost of chosen food
- MORE INFORMATION: http://www.avonchamber.org/hendricks-county-rib-fest.html
Tacos, Tequila and Margaritas Festival – If you are looking for a foodie event with Latino flair, look no further than the Tacos, Tequila and Margaritas Festival. This event will feature mouth-watering tacos and adult beverages from the best restaurants around the city. If that did not convince you, there is even a taco eating contest!
- WHEN: June 29 & 30
- WHERE: The Pavilion at Pan Am
- COST: $25 (includes 3 tacos and 3 margarita sampler tickets)
- MORE INFORMATION: http://tacosandtequilaindy.com/
GreekFest – Unbelievably, this festival has been around for 44 years. GreekFest is well-known for highlighting many aspects of Greek culture from food to dancing. Guests can purchase food at the food court or bakery and tour the beautiful Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox church filled with hand painted iconography.
- WHEN: August 24, 25, & 26
- WHERE: Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church
- COST: Free admission + cost of chosen food
- MORE INFORMATION: http://indygreekfest.org/
Indy Strawberry Festival – We could not talk about summer food festivals in Indianapolis without talking about the Indy Strawberry Festival. This classic food festival is a fundraiser orchestrated by the Christ Church Cathedral for local, national, and international not-for-profit outreach groups.
- WHEN: June 14
- WHERE: Monument Circle
- COST: $7 for the “works” (shortcake, strawberries, ice cream, and whipped topping)
- MORE INFORMATION: http://www.indystrawberryfestival.org/
Make sure to mark your calendars for these fabulously foodie events. If that was not enough to quash your cravings, feel free to check out the food festivals occurring outside of Indianapolis during the summer below.
OTHER INDIANA FOOD FESTIVALS:
Strawberry Festival (Crawfordsville)
Whiting Pierogi Fest (Whiting)
Strawberry Festival (Rosedale)
Forks of the Wabash Uncorked (Huntington)
Owensville Watermelon Festival & Parade (Owensville)
Sweet Corn Festival (Oakland City)
Taste of Tippecanoe (Lafayette)
Taste of the Gardens (Elkhart)
BBQ RibFest (Fort Wayne)
Popcorn Festival (Valparaiso)